What are your top 10 pancake toppings?
Here are mine:
- Sugar and lemon – the classic and the best
- Orange curd – oh soooo sweet and not really that much different from no 1!
- Banana and blueberries for the kids dinner
- Maple syrup and bacon to remind me of living in New York City
- Cherries in port with cream or crème freche
- Salted caramel sauce (available in Tescos) – like chilli chocolate, sounds horrid but actually delightful!
- Melted Mars Bar – healthier than a deep fried Mars Bar. Honestly!
- Stewed fruit, may be rhubarb with ginger, or apples & blackberries with cinnamon plus some crème fresh
- Cranberry sauce – yes, the left over from Christmas, and surprisingly good with pancakes
- Salmon and mushrooms in cream sauce – if you must have a savoury course first…..
Shopping list to get on the way home: plain flour, eggs, milk, butter and topppings.